PDA

View Full Version : Using a "play" button in HTML output.

11-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Basically, i inserted the following command into the tracklist section of teh Advanced webpage look:

<a href="file://e:/My Music/<!--[artist/]--> - (<!--[releasedate/]-->) <!--[title/]-->/<!----> - <!--[tracktitle/]-->.mp3">Play</a>

This command inserts a Play link, which when clicked, opens the mp3 file and starts playing it. BUT, this won;t work for all files as OCD puts in "1" as tracknumber, while all my mp3's are named as "01".

My mp3's are named like that so they maintain numerical order, so would it be possible that OCD also uses the double digits all the time? Either that, or if you could implement a way where i could have a placeholder like <---[mp3location]---> which links to where the mp3 is on my harddrive.

Here is an extract of the code where i added in the extra line

<!---->
<!---->
&amp;nbsp;<br><!--[volumename/]--> [<!--[volumetime/]-->]
<!---->
<table border=0 cellpadding=0>
<!--[track]-->
<tr><td valign=top><!--[tracknum/]-->.&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;</td>
<!---->
<!---->
<td width="100%" valign=top><!----><!--[tracktitle/]--><!----> &amp;nbsp;<!--[tracktime/]--></td></tr>
<!--[else]-->
<td width="100%" valign=top><!--[tracktitle/]--> &amp;nbsp;<i><small><!--[tracktime/]--> <a href="file://e:/My Music/<!--[artist/]--> - (<!--[releasedate/]-->) <!--[title/]-->/<!--[tracknum/]--> - <!--[tracktitle/]-->.mp3">Play</a> </small></i></td></tr>
<!---->
<!--[else]-->
<td width="100%" valign=top><!--[tracktitle/]--> &amp;nbsp;<i><small><!--[tracktime/]--></small></i></td></tr>
<!---->
<!---->
<tr><td></td><td valign=top><i><!--[trackartist/]--></i></td></tr>
<!---->
<!---->
</table>
<!---->

11-07-2003, 09:49 PM
sorry, i forgot to say...

That setup above works perfectly on all tracks with tracknumber 10 or higher.

11-08-2003, 07:35 AM
that is a great idea...the info is clearly stored in the database anyway, so a simple tag would be nice to add this. :)

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
11-08-2003, 01:16 PM
What are you guys talking about? ???

11-09-2003, 07:12 AM
basically, all i have done is added in a little HTML link after each song, which when pressed plays the song in your default mp3 player.

After further thought on this, i realised that this setup will only work if you have theexact same folder structure for each Album. e.g. c:\My Mp3's\Artist - (Year) Album\Tracknumber - tracktitle.mp3.

All my mp3's conform to that, and are in that folder, so i can get away with hardcoding in the c:\mp3's\ and then using the placeholders to set in the rest of the path to the mp3.

BUT, if i wanted to play an mp3 in c:\Her Mp3's\... i couldnt, not without changing the coding etc.

So what we really need is a tag like this <---[mp3path]---> and when inserted puts in the actual path to the mp3, e.g. c:\my mp3's\Abba\Greatest Hits\12 - Dancing Queen.mp3

SO if that could be added it'd be great.

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
11-09-2003, 02:26 PM
:) I talked to Vivitron 15 about this last night.And now I know what you all are talking about.

Like I told him.There is a Program out that does this for Websites.....its in Perl.I need to switch over to other Drive and grab the Website.

Good job terminator on thinking of this for Orange.Would make it stick out over all other software.....well it already does. ;D

I would need about 500GB for all mine though.But one day

andrei_c
11-10-2003, 01:36 AM
I added the <!--[trackfilename/]--> tag. You will be able to combine it with <!--[path/]--> to produce the complete path:

<!--[path/]-->\<!--[trackfilename/]-->

This change is not published yet, but it will be in final build 5.1.

11-10-2003, 04:28 AM
Thanks a lot, this is a really handy feature, as its faster to navigate a webpage than to search through my folders. (never run winxp on a 700mhz cpu, with 128mb ram).

Also, for parties etc, now theres no risk of my music being deleted, as happened before. People can now customise the playlist etc etc.

Thanks again.

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
11-11-2003, 11:41 PM
Can this be done yet?I am trying that Code with the CMI Style Template and it not Working. ???

Maybe I just wait untell all this is added to Orange.I mean does anybody have a Website up and running yet with this Feature? :-/

11-12-2003, 04:55 PM
i have it working, but i found that a few of my albums don't conform the the naming standard, so i had to re-name those, but yeah, i got it to work using some java and the tags i outlined above. It worked pretty well alright, but as i said, depending on ytour own naming standard, and the place you store your mp3's you would have to alter the command i added here.

THe play button will work MUCH better once the 2 new tags are added in.

11-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Just got 5.1, and i'm very dissapointed, no <!--[trackfilename/]--> tag :( . Is there any chance it'll come out soon?

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
11-12-2003, 06:11 PM
;D Well.....give us your Website and let us test it out.We need to Beta Test this before it can be added to Orange.And also you need to Sign up and stop being a Guest. ;D

andrei_c
11-13-2003, 03:16 AM
Just got 5.1, and i'm very dissapointed, no <!--[trackfilename/]--> tag :( . Is there any chance it'll come out soon?

Hi guys,

I am sorry for the confusion, but I had to pull this tag from the final 5.1.0 build because it caused more problems than it solved. I will strive to add this feature to the next beta or even private build. I'll keep this thread informed.

Andrei

terminator
11-14-2003, 08:50 PM
mmm.... registery goodness :)

As for putting it on the web, theres no point, as none of the play links would work once the pages leave my computer. The easiest thing would be if you could change the commandline i made to suit your mp3 (and folder) naming scheme. Then just try it yourself.

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
11-14-2003, 11:02 PM
mmm.... registery goodness :)

As for putting it on the web, theres no point, as none of the play links would work once the pages leave my computer. The easiest thing would be if you could change the commandline i made to suit your mp3 (and folder) naming scheme. Then just try it yourself.

:-/ You mean the only People that can Play the Songs off your Website is the People at your PC?

I was talking about a 24 Hour Jukebox Online where anybody could Play Songs from your Website.Guess I need to go get that Program and show you.

If I am haveing People over they can just use Orange the Program.That is why I Pushed so hard this year for Queueing up Songs and Playing whole Albums. :-/

:) But I guess I see what you are saying.It is easier for People to use a Website.

FC 8)

terminator
11-15-2003, 09:25 PM
AAHhh, what you;re thinking of is a streaming radio type thing, in which people can browse your collection and stream it from your computer. I have a program that does that, but it isn;t as pretty as OrangeCD is. Also, i'll only be using this on my computer, so i onoly need an offline database.

For streaming music over a lan etc, try this program. http://edna.sourceforge.net

06-30-2004, 06:26 AM
I've used the same type of href-link and added a few lines of vbs code to fix the lacking 0 in track numbers under 10.

Of course you have to turn your web pages into asp pages. But it works fine. You could of course do the same with javascript/jsp.

Here's an example:
'\ Add 0 to track numbers under 10
If strTrackNum < 10 Then
'\ Max 36 characters in iTunes track file name
strTrackTitle = Trim(Mid("0<!--[tracknum/]--> <!--[tracktitle/]-->",1,36))
Else
'\ Max 36 characters in iTunes track file name
strTrackTitle = Trim(Mid("<!--[tracknum/]--> <!--[tracktitle/]-->",1,36))
End If

iTunes also adds <# in set> to the track file name when the album is part of a CD set, so I've added some more code to be able to handle CD sets.

rolandch
12-24-2004, 03:24 AM
Hello
I'm currently using 5.2 but it seems that the
<!--[path/]-->\<!--[trackfilename/]--> tags is still missing, or do i something wrong ???

pheisholt
12-24-2004, 03:41 AM
Yes, it is still missing. Take a look at the 'Create a Play Button in Html Script' thread, if you're looking for a way to add a play button.
(http://www.firetongue.com/boards/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=dax;action=display;num=1087293557;st art=4#4)

01-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Well my personal solution is, I have all my music folders in the web root then i make winamp playlist of each album as well as each track then i link the main album artwork to the album playlist and link each track to there respective song playlist.

This way I may listen to an entire album or sample a song from the album.

On the main page i link my favorite and genre playlist for jukeboxing.

I use Firefox browser and assign winamp as the default program to open.

In this manner I am able to be mobile with this external hard drive as the music never leaves root.

I also look forward to .APE support ;-)