PDA

View Full Version : CMI template

thijs077
07-20-2005, 04:18 PM
I was wondering.

In this template you have the letters of the alphabet (abc...).

When you click on a letter a new page will open with all the artists on it that start with the letter you clicked on.

Could it be possible if you click on a letter it opens a new page with the artists on it that starts with the letter. But this time you have to click on a artist name to see the cd's you have.

I hope you can understand me.

pheisholt
07-20-2005, 05:16 PM
If I've understood your question correctly, you would like to see a list of artists, and from there click to get only the albums of that artist. Correct? Well, in that case the option is already there for you.

When you 'Export to HTML' and select the 'CMI Style' template, you must select 'Display browse field x'. And then select 'Artist sort' as your browse field.

thijs077
07-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks, that worked.

But now I have a list with artists and a list with letters. Is it possible to have shown the artists when you click on a letter?

Another question. The cd's from one artist are not alphabetic (don't know really how to say it in english).

What do you have to do to have them as a,b,c etc.

pheisholt
07-20-2005, 10:14 PM
But now I have a list with artists and a list with letters. Is it possible to have shown the artists when you click on a letter?.
It would probably require extensive programming to achieve that, since OCD doesn't automatically provide it as an option.
How about skipping the list with letters?

Another question. The cd's from one artist are not alphabetic (don't know really how to say it in english). What do you have to do to have them as a,b,c etc.
You have to set the desired sort order when you 'Export to HTML...'.

Try setting:
'Sort field 1' = ArtistSort
'Sort field 2' = Title
'Sort field 3' = Year

That should give you an alphabetical listing of albums for each separate artist. Note however that words like 'The' and 'A' are ignored by the sort engine. So 'A Hard Day's Night' will appear right before 'Help', and not immediately after 'Abbey Road'.

You may change this by editing the list of 'Ignored words'. Select View from the OCD menu, and then Preferences. Now select the Database tab, and click on the 'Ignore Words...' button.

thijs077
07-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks, just one more question. How do I skip the list with the letters?

pheisholt
07-31-2005, 09:20 AM
You'd have to edit your template using the DAXEDIT utility. Here's what you must do:

1. Run Daxedit and open your template (CMI Style.dax)
2. Select the 'Start page' tab
3. Search for the following text and remove it

<tr>
<td vAlign=top align=left class=browsefld>
Browse by artist
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align=left class=bodytext>
<UL><!---->
<!----><!---->??<!----><!---->&amp;nbsp;
<!----></UL>
</td>
</tr>

4. Save your template and try exporting again.

Note: You should probably make a copy of your template before you alter it.

thijs077
08-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Another question.

Is it possible to have in a artist page the thumbnails next to eachother instead of under eachother.

So, when you click on a artist you see two colums.

thijs077
08-06-2005, 02:55 PM
And could it be possible to have in the album page a different color for the letters shown in album details (right of the cover)

pheisholt
08-06-2005, 10:09 PM
And could it be possible to have in the album page a different color for the letters shown in album details (right of the cover)

You can use any color you want. The colors used in the CMI template are basically defined under Declarations (look for the Colors section)

Take a look at the OCD programming documentation at http://ocd.juventas.net/home/index.asp. It may help you figure out how to edit templates (and themes).

pheisholt
08-06-2005, 10:32 PM
Is it possible to have in a artist page the thumbnails next to eachother instead of under eachother.
So, when you click on a artist you see two colums.

Yes, it is possible. But you would have to make quite a few changes in the template code.

OCD is quite flexible, but it requires some programming skills to reorganize the layout. The simpler tasks only require that you know your way around HTML. The more sophisticated stuff requires javascript skills.

Introducing two columns would most likely require an extra javascript in order to determine when to end the first column.