PDA

View Full Version : 'Quick info' tab

pheisholt
08-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Has anyone figured out what the new 'Quick Info' tab in DaxEdit (pre-beta build 9202) is for ?

BLOWERS
08-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Hi Paul,

Can't quite work it out myself. But if you write something in the template under this tab, it appears in the list view PREVIEW PANE. This is when you select an artist in the CONTENT TREE; the albums all come up in the list view. Then select an album in the LIST and whatever you wrote on the template in Daxedit comes up in the preview pane. Had you got this far yet?! Haven't a clue what it is for - maybe you can hazard an educated guess?

In the meantime, I'll keep trying! Andrei, if you're watching, please give us a clue.....

BLOWERS
08-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Aha! Maybe it has been provided for use as another 'view' of album information. I have tried pasting parts of the ALBUM PAGE template text into QUICK INFO, and it works. This would make some sense, as I have always thought that the PREVIEW PANE view unnecessarily duplicated the ALBUM PAGE view.

Can you confirm, Andrei? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?!

pheisholt
08-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Hi Malc

No, I did not get that far. So thanks for figuring it out. I really haven't paid much attention to the 'preview pane'. But it does make sense to present the album info differently in the 'preview pane'. The 'Quick Info' tab now makes it possible.

I'm not really sure what I would want to display in the 'preview pane'. One option could be a 'simple track list', another could be 'album metadata only'. And by adding a 'preview' parameter in the Declarations section, the user could choose between the two options (simple track list vs. metadata only)? Maybe...

But anyway, thanks for clearing that up.