PDA

View Full Version : Number of albums rather than disks

Martijn
01-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Sorry, should have put my post from yesterday in THIS thread, obviously.

To recap:
On the start page, in the 'Database Stats' box, I'd like to see how many *titles* I have, rather than how many *disks*, as for example a double-CD counts as two disks, while it's just *one* title.

Now I've been fooling around with DAXEDIT to modify it, and I gather that somehow the ALBUMCOUNT tag from the GROUP section should be able to do this...but I can't find *how*!

As an "empty tag syntax" (<!--[AlbumCount/]-->) it just returns the number of albums found in the 'Recent Additions' column (5, by default), and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to count ALL the albums (i.e. titles)

pheisholt
01-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi

Take a look at the CrispPlay theme which you can download from http://ocd.juventas.net/. It contains the code you're looking for.

If you try out CrispPlay, you will see at the very top of the opening page that you have album count, disk count, set count etc.

The same figures are repeated in the lower right corner under Database Stats.

-paul-

Martijn
01-11-2006, 12:42 PM
:o
THAT is bloody MAGNIFICENT, Paul!
EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks so much!
Ironically I actually did have a gander at the 'Crisp' theme, but never the 'Crisp_play', so I missed these great enhancements.

...and while I'm in gratitude-mode: thanks also for compiling the very informative "Creating themes and templates" documentation. Very informative, even for a DB/programming n00b such as myself. I wanted to show some recognition for that earlier on, but never got round to it... :-[

Thanks again!!

pheisholt
01-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Hi Martijn

I'm glad you enjoyed the scripting documentation and the added features in CrispPlay.

I may try to upgrade both when version 6 is released (or maybe in late beta)