PDA

View Full Version : CrispPlus theme for OCD 6.x

pheisholt
01-22-2006, 10:34 PM
I have ported the CrispPlay theme v.1.42 to the new tag format introduced in Orange CD version 6.x.

The theme is renamed, and is now called CrispPlus. Currently it includes none of the new OCD 6.x features. I've simply replaced the old DAX version 1 tags with the new DAX version 2 tags.

Eventually I will update CrispPlus to include some of the new 6.x features.

CrispPlus 2.00 can be downloaded from http://ocd.juventas.net.

Originally I named the theme CripsPlay, because my main objective was to add a play function to the regular Crisp theme. However, since then I've mainly focused on other features and tweaks - hence the ported version is renamed CrispPlus.

Joebugs
01-30-2006, 04:38 PM
:(
Paul,

I have been using Crisp theme for some time and recently upgraded to CrispPlus. I have noted that for Box sets the number of tracks in the Start Page are for CD1 only and not the total number of tracks for the CDs in the Box set. I don't know if this is a limitation of OrangeCd or CrispPlus.

Please can you look into it at your convenience.

Regards & Thanks

Joe

pheisholt
01-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Hi Joe

Are you referring to the Recent Addition section? Or the Database Stats section?

In the Recent Addition section you should see the total number of tracks for the Box set (and the total playing time). However, this of course requires that you have registered each CD collection as a Box set and not as single CDs.

The Box set track count is correct on my computer, which is currently running OCD 6.0.0 beta 1 (build 9715).

I need more info in order to figure out why the Box set track count on your computer is wrong. If possible, send me a screen dump of the Start Page and of the Album Page for one of your Box sets.

Joebugs
01-30-2006, 05:41 PM
Paul,

Sorry, the number of tracks in the start page is reported correctly, the tracks in the album box set page are reported wrongly.

I am sending screen dumps by email as requested.

Joe

pheisholt
01-31-2006, 02:28 AM
Hi Joe

You're so right. I haven't noticed that earlier. Will see what I can do about it.

pheisholt
01-31-2006, 03:18 AM
I've sent you updated versions of CrispPlay and CrispPlus. The track count on the Album Page should now be correct . Please let me know if you run into any problems.

Joebugs
01-31-2006, 09:28 AM
:)
Paul,

Thanks for the Beta versions. The track count is now correct. Thanks again.

May I point out another minor problem with the Themes. Every time a theme is changed or updated the personal settings are lost and they have to be manually set. You can reset but not save.

It would be nice if the settings can be saved.

Regards

Joe

pheisholt
01-31-2006, 12:01 PM
The updated versions of CrisPlay (v.1.43) and CrispPlus (v.2.02) are now avaliable, and can de downloaded from http://ocd.juventas.net.

Note: CrispPlus can only be used with OCD 6.x.

pheisholt
01-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi Joe

[quote]
May I point out another minor problem with the Themes.

Joebugs
01-31-2006, 01:02 PM
:)

Paul,

Thanks for the quick update to CrispPlus. I 've downloaded the new versions.

Yes I was referring to Theme settings [ View | Preferences | Theme tab ]. I am sure that Andrei will be reading the forum postings and will be making a note of this; however I suggest to all members that before we make any more suggestions for new features we are to give Andrei all the time he needs to work on the bugs/pending improvements.

This is my opinion.

Joe

pheisholt
01-31-2006, 06:20 PM
I suggest to all members that before we make any more suggestions for new features we are to give Andrei all the time he needs to work on the bugs/pending improvements.

I whole-heartedly agree!

pheisholt
09-12-2006, 08:13 AM
I have updated the CrispPlus theme today. Basically I have added most, but not all of the new Start Page features from the 'Default v6' theme.

That includes:
- 'Saved queries' section
- 'Add new albums': from Amazon, scan barcode
- 'Extras': export to HTML, more import/export, customize this page
- 'Database stats': Backup to file + Burn backup CD
(The 'Recent additions' section remains unchanged, I will update it later)

In addition I have added the following to the Start Page:
- Web links to 'OCD Plus'
- Web links to 'Amazon' (US, UK, Fr and Ger)

I've also
- added 'Album Preview', 'Track Preview' and 'Artist Page' code from the 'Default v6' theme.
- partly gathered formatting under the CSS tab.

meley
09-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Paul,
Your latest update to CrispPlus for OCD version 6.0 works fine except in one case. I updated to MS IE 7 RC1 and the type sizes went crazy! I'm getting ready to see if I can adjust them now. If you come up with something, please let me know. Thanks and take care ...

Martijn
11-11-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm deeply fond of many of the features of the Crisplay theme (particularly the features that keep tab on the number of albums vis-

jonk
12-27-2006, 01:51 AM
I also really like some of the information this theme provides and especially how easy it is to customise the front page.

One thing I have noticed is that in the album view where the tracks are listed, it doesn't list artists for compilation albums, just the track names. The default theme lists the track names and then the artist underneath.

Is there an option I have accidentally disabled to not display this? Or does some of the code somewhere need to be modified to display this info also?

Thanks all.

BLOWERS
12-27-2006, 04:52 AM
I also really like some of the information this theme provides and especially how easy it is to customise the front page.

One thing I have noticed is that in the album view where the tracks are listed, it doesn't list artists for compilation albums, just the track names. The default theme lists the track names and then the artist underneath.

Is there an option I have accidentally disabled to not display this? Or does some of the code somewhere need to be modified to display this info also?

Thanks all.

Try this. Go to the 'Track Properties' dialogue box for each track of your compilation album. Then, in the 'Artist' field, enter the name of the artist performing that track. This should then show up in brackets with the track name on the 'Album' page.

pheisholt
12-27-2006, 10:31 AM
Hi Martinj

I just discovered your post today. I'm afraid I haven't been able to update the CrispPlus, partly due to an extremely heavy work load the past 4-5 months.

As MELEY pointed out earlier there's something wrong with the font handling. It's probably due to the changes in the way formatting is handled in v.6. (CSS) The odd thing though, is that the font problem in CrispPlus only occurs occasionally (on my computer at least).

As soon as I have time to work my way through the entire code, I will try to fix the font problem. There are some other issues that need to be resolved as well. So hopefully some time early in 2007 I will be able to fix all of this.

pheisholt
12-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi jonk

Take a look at the preferences/settings for the theme. There should be a preference called 'Show track artist' (right under 'Show ext. track info (2. row)'). It is not selected by default. However, if you select 'Show track artist', you should see the artist names on the album page.

Now if they don't appear, you probably haven't entered the artist names. Follow the instructions posted by Blowers, and that should do the trick.

jonk
12-28-2006, 02:37 AM
[quote=pheisholt]Hi jonk

Take a look at the preferences/settings for the theme. There should be a preference called 'Show