PDA

View Full Version : DAX Version 2 tags

pheisholt
01-22-2006, 11:06 PM
OCD 6.x introduces a new style of tags (obviously XML inspired).

The old DAX tags (version 1) looked like this:

<!----><!---->

The new DAX tags (version 2) look like this:

<dax:TagName></dax:TagName>

However, in order to use the new tags you must include the following declaration in the Declaration section (see Declaration tab in DaxEdit).

DAX_VERSION 2;

If this declaration is not present, you will receive a script error message.

OCD 6.0 beta 1 (build 9715) includes a theme with the new tags. Look for 'Default Theme.dax' in the Templates sub folder.

The_Mole
02-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Paul,

Do you know what the Ver. 2 tagname is for an Album Composer (as opposed to a Track Composer) ???

Im trying to get the Album page to display Composer's name in the title block, as well as the Artist's.

pheisholt
02-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Hi Chris

The logical tag would be <dax:composer/>, since album producer is <dax:producer/>, album soloist is <dax:soloist/> etc. However, as far as I can see the album composer tag is missing.

DaxEdit contains a list of available tags (see right hand column). Album composer is not in the list.

The_Mole
02-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Hi Paul,

What you've found pretty much matches my experience......perhaps I'm starting to get the hang of this programming thingy ;D

So I'm at a bit of a dead end. Think I'll wait for Andrei to come up with the answer.

MRC
11-29-2006, 10:42 PM
I've just reinstalled OrangeCD after a hiatus... and I find that the templates have all changed... :o

However, it appears the changes are for the better...

here's my question... in the past, I was able to put the system generated links inside of a static link

(ex sitename.com/index.php?static=folder/SYSTEM GEN FILE NAME HERE)

is this still something that's possible with the new dax:linkthing system?

andrei_c
12-04-2006, 06:42 PM
is this still something that's possible with the new dax:linkthing system?
I am not sure. How did this work? Can you give an example?

Andrei

MRC
12-06-2006, 10:29 PM
in my templates it was something like

<a href="www.sitename.com/<!---->"><!--[albumtitle]--><!----></a>

unfortunately, I lost all my stuff, which is why I had to reinstall... so I don't have any of the actual templates I built to pull from.