PDA

View Full Version : List number of discs in template?

Warwick
08-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Hi. New user to Orangecd.

I was wondering if there is a template, or an add-on for the simple table/thumbnail templates, that will include a numeric listing?

I see that OrangeCd shows the total number of discs you've inputed on the startup screen. But I'd like to also have it list the cd's numericly (1-50 ex.) when I export it to html. Is this possible?

BLOWERS
08-30-2005, 05:57 AM
Hi Warwick,

What you'll need to do is edit whatever HTML output template you want to use, with the DAXEDIT utility. Look in the Orange CD installation directory - the file is DAXEDIT.EXE. Just include the SHELFID tag somewhere on your template. When exporting, make sure you make REFERENCE NUMBER your main SORT field, and you'll be able to list all your titles in 'number' order.

Hope this makes sense - it works, I promise!

Warwick
08-30-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the tip!

I'll give it a try.

ceca
03-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Related to this, I have another request.

I would like to have a sequential numbering of the albums in my listings. I don't mean the reference number assigned when including the album in the DB. Instead, I need just a sequential number in the first column of my listing, no matter which sorting field I use.

For instance, let's assume I have 3 albums in my DB:

Artist Album Year
Beatles Sgt. Peppers 1965
The Who Quadrophenia 1974
Depeche Mode 101 1989

Now, I make a listing template, sorting by year (ascending), then by artist name and finally by album name. What I would like to get is:

# Year Artist Album
1 1965 Beatles Sgt. Peppers
2 1974 The Who Quadrophenia
3 1989 Depeche Mode 101

Let's now assume I want to sorting by Artist name first, then by album name and finally by year. In this case, what I would like to get is:

# Artist Album Year
1 Beatles Sgt. Peppers 1965
2 Depeche Mode 101 1989
3 The Who Quadrophenia 1974

To summarize, what I need is just this sequential numbering (#) in any case.

Any help would be most welcome :)

Regards

pheisholt
03-17-2006, 03:29 PM
You'd have to include a small javascript in your template, which would provide the sequence number.

<script language="javascript">
<!--
// Initialize seqence number
var seqNum = 0;

function incrementSeqNumber()
{
seqNum = seqNum + 1;
}
//-->
</script>

In the section of the template where you loop thru the albums in your collection, you would have to call the incrementSeqNumber() function, and then write the resulting sequence number to your output file:

<script language="javascript">
<!--
incrementSeqNumber();
document.write(seqNum);
//-->
</script>

ceca
03-17-2006, 04:40 PM
cool! I will try it a.s.a.p.

Thankx!

EDIT: Yes!! It does EXACTLY what I want! Thank you again, wonderful forum :)