PDA

View Full Version : Birth and Death Dates

meley
03-08-2006, 05:35 AM
I would like to add the birth and death dates of artists on each album page at the right of the album photo. I have everything displaying in the correct position but I can not locate the birth and death (formed or disbanded) tags from the ARTIST PROFILE page. Please help ...

Thanks,
Melvin

pheisholt
03-24-2006, 02:55 PM
Hi Melvin

[quote]Could you please assist me with the following task?

pheisholt
03-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Hi Melvin

I've just installed beta2, and had another look at the Artist Page. I think I've found out how to display the information. But it certainly doesn't appear where I would like to see it.

This is what I did:

1) Opened OrangeCD and selected the 'Default theme' (View | Preferences | Theme tab....)

2) Then I set the Content panel to 'Artist', thereby getting a list of all the artists in my collection. (The Content panel is the window pane to the far left)

3) I right-clicked the name of an artist and selected 'View Artist Info' from the context menu

4) The right hand pane now displays the name of the artist followed by the following headlines:

BIOGRAPHY
AWARDS
NOTES

If you open the Default Theme in DaxEdit, and select the 'Artist Page' tab, you will see the code which determines what you get in the right hand pane.

5) Now right-click the artist name in the left pane again, and then select 'Artist Profile...'

The tabbed 'Artist Profile' window opens, and you can add information, like the 'Date born or formed', 'Date died or disbanded' etc.

Once you close the 'Artist Profile' window by clicking the 'OK' button, the information you entered is displayed in the right hand pane.

So far, so good. But if you add a picture of the artist, there doesn't seeem to be any 'artistimage' tag in DaxEdit. So the portrait of the artist is not displayed in the right hand pane.

Further more, filling out some of the fields in the 'Artist Profile' window will trigger a DADB Error message in the right hand pane. I haven't found out exactly which fields, however this seems to be a bug.

But the serious issue here is actually that the artist tags only can be used in the 'Artist Page'. I'd like to be able to place those tags in the 'Album Page', the 'Start Page', and possibly some of the other pages too.

And I figure that is what you're trying to do also, Melvin?

Aside from this, I haven't had time to look for improvements in the beta2 release. But I'm sure they are there somewhere :).

meley
03-25-2006, 12:31 AM
Paul,
You are exactly correct! I would like to display the Artist Tags on the Album Page. Thanks for your help. Take care ...

vovo
05-19-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm trying to export Artists profiles,
but it seems to be impossible, artist page seems to
be reserved, and can't be use on the start page.
It will be great to have
- general
#group
- group
#artist
-artist
#album
- album
#volume
- volume
# track
but we have :
- general
#group
- group
#album
- album
#volume
- volume
# track
The level artist is unknown, so no way i think...

pheisholt
05-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Yes, vovo - there seems to be something missing here.

I've played around with the artist profiles, but with little success. Hopefully Andrei will provide more information on how to access/use these profiles, and fix them so they are available where we want to have them.

Until he does, I'll stick to the 5.2 version.