PDA

View Full Version : Saved searches

pheisholt
07-09-2006, 06:35 AM
Malcolm wrote
Can I pick your brains once more, please? Is there a way I can write a reference in my template that will enable me to 'click' on a link that will open a 'saved search'? I would then be able to put my saved searches on the 'start' page. I tried writing one in the same form as my 'Web Links', but I am assuming that these refer specifically to web addresses, as it didn't work!! Sorry to bother you again!

Hi Malcolm
If you are referring to the advanced queries that you can save as .daq files, I don

pheisholt
07-09-2006, 06:36 AM
Malcom wrote
Don't know if you've had a chance to look at Build 10229 yet, but Andrei HAS implemented the 'Saved searches' feature I wanted, which is fantastic. But... I now have a major problem (or several, really). What I want to do is incorporate the features I have on my 'old' template (Crisp2New.dax) into the new default V6 template (or, I suppose, vice-versa).

By this I mean my 'Favourite track' etc icons (which you kindly facilitated for me), and various other icons that you will see on my template! I assume that the reason I am struggling is to do with the fact that the templates are written in a slightly different language? Don't really go that far in my understanding! Anyway, I can't seem to 'incorporate features' either way. HELP! I really don't care which template I use, as long as it incorporates the custom features I added to my old template, PLUS the saved searches, PLUS (ideally) the great new 'Recently viewed albums' table on the START page.

Would the easiest way to go to be to add these 2 new features to my existing template? If so, what am I doing wrong?! I have tried cutting and pasting in Daxedit, but it doesn't work. Any chance you could help me out here? I attach a copy of my old template in hopes of you being able to rescue me!!!

Hi Malcolm
I

pheisholt
07-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Malcolm wrote
I panicked too soon. Had a fairly quiet day today, and have slowly worked out that I need to preface a lot of things with 'dax:'.... then they work! Might still get stuck, though - I'll keep you posted!!

Great!

pheisholt
07-09-2006, 06:38 AM
Malcolm wrote
Paul - I'm going great guns now. I've got my CT and FT icons back next to my favourite and classic tracks in the track listing section. But..... I can't get rid of (CT) or (FT) in text form. I JUST want the icons to show, not the text I put in the trackcomposer field. What do I need to do to remove them?

If this is a real nuisance for you, please tell me so and I won't bother you about it.

No problem at all.

However, I

pheisholt
07-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Malcolm wrote
Fantastic, Paul - it works! Just removed the 'trackcomposer' tag from the script. Many thanks...

You're welcome.